[TYPO3-UG US] Status of TYPO3.us

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Sat Dec 17 19:37:15 CET 2005

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Gaumond wrote:

>Bonjour Dominic !
>
>(at least I'm on the right side of the pound...)
>
>I fully agree with your statement: People should be satified and see
>results, then they will be willing to continue and learn even more.

I agree, people like that instant gratification. That's why I am glad
there is a video, extension manual and tutorials about how to use TV to
build a site already. However, as has been stressed many times so far,
this project is to help new people learn the foundations of TYPO3. Since
TV is just another way to easily do something that you need to learn the
foundation for anyway (and there *will* be more in the future), it needs
to be included in its proper place: once you learn the foundation, then
you learn the alternatives. Then, you can make an informed decision for
yourself (or a deformed incision???) for yourself, once you know the
difference between them all.

Cheers,
Alex