[TYPO3-UG US] Load Balancing - Knowledge Base

Michael Cannon michael at cannonbose.com
Sat Dec 17 07:23:38 CET 2005

> What if you've optimized your site and server, and are still
> running out
> of resources and struggling against heavy traffic? Install more
> RAM, get
> a faster CPU, better disks, etc. Or you can improve performance by
> increasing the number of web servers.

At this point you separate your database and web server. After that
you start adding database and web servers depending upon which is
bogged down. My bigger clients run on dedicated boxes with at a
minimum 2 2.8 GHz Xeon CPUs, dual disks, RAID 1, 2 GB RAM. I don't
see the site performance slow at all unless I'm really working with
some nasty SQL on a 10,000 member database or so.

Michael

-----
Michael Cannon
President, Cannonbose
Tel    : +1 (206) 351-0159         Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776