[TYPO3-UG US] Status of TYPO3.us

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Fri Dec 16 15:34:32 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> I would propose the following:
>
> 1.) Quickstart package should be made with TemplaVoila, because that is
> what "newbies" want to see. It gives them this modern touch.
>
> 2.) A second step by step tutorial should start with the marker technics
> and TypoScript and then climb step by step via modern template building
> up  to TemplaVoila. Without the knowladge of underlying basics it is
> still impossible to successful setup TYPO3 Sites.
>
> 3.) The quickstart package should point with a large arrow to 2.)
>
> 4.) I think it even better to bundle such a step by step tutorial with
> the quickstart package. Within separate folders all technics could be
> compared directly.
>
> 5.) It is not necessary to have this bundling from the very beginning.

I agree on all these points -- one stumbling block to including TV and
more traditional templating approaches in the same page tree is the need
for two page modules (one for TV, one for everything else). However,
Robert includes the following in his changelog for the beta of 1.0:

  + Added new features into tx_templavoila_tcemain: The sorting field is
now automatically updated so it reflects the TV flexform order. It is
now possible to move and create records with standard TCEmain requests
(eg. with the List module or the classic Page Module!)

So this might not be an issue for long...

Zach