[Typo3-UG Turkey] managed to change the default language

Osman Bedel osmanbedel at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 00:16:56 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

Before, I asked for help because I had a problem that I couldn't change the
default language which was set to german. I wanted to have days, months,
plugin labels, etc.. in English.
And I did find a solution at last. I don't know if there is an easier way
but I did it this way:
in the administration panel
Web
List
Rootpage
maintemplate / edit
found the 'include basis template' section
+ext Globale Konfiguration / edit
and changed these four items: from     de to en     de_DE to en_EN
german to english

language = de
locale_all = de_DE
locale_all = german
htmlTag_langKey = de

and now I have my labels and everything in English.

best regards