[Typo3-UG Turkey] how to change the default language of the site

Osman Bedel osmanbedel at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 5 00:33:13 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

My name is osman bedel. I'm a teacher of English Language. I'm Turkish but I
live in Bulgaria.
I am new to Typo3. I've just installed a package with a ready made yaml
template.

http://www.eltdigest.com

It is a multi language site. The template has german language as default.

0 default german,  1 english,  2 french

I don't know how to change the default language to English so that the
common expressions in the header and footer parts appear in English. Like
the time or the "you are here:" part in the header or even the copyright
expression at the bottom. I did it once but I don't remember how :)

And also how do I get this time corrected. I live in Bulgaria now.

I hope you can help me somehow.

By the way do you write in English or Turkish here?    :)
Something that I should know.

best regards,
osman bedel