[TYPO3-UG Dutch] Restrict access and view to a specific content element?

Jeroen Verburgt verburgt at redkiwi.nl
Fri Apr 10 13:33:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a page which contains couple of content elements: Slideshow
(plugin), and normal content elements. Now, the images which show in the
plugin are put in a Sysfolder (so there's the actual slideshow). My
problem is:

-          I can restrict acces to the page, but then all content
elements on that page are restricted, which I don't want

-          I can restrict through the access list > Tables listing >
turn slideshow off, but this will only disable off course the slideshow
in the Sysfolder (not the plugin-content element)

-          Explicitly allow/deny: then the slideshow content item
(plugin) is still shown in backend, only if user clicks on edit, message
will appear that the user is not allowed

So, all not the perfect solution. Main question: how can I restrict
access for a user (group) on a specific content element in such a way
that the user also doesn't see the content element in the backend?

Thanks!