[TYPO3-UG Australia] Help: A challenge- No Cpanel login to transfer website to new host.

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Tue Jan 27 07:16:25 CET 2015

Hi everyone!

Sorry that I did not respond earlier. Looks like I missed the first
post.
My thoughts on this topic:

- if you do not have the access details of cPanel, but you are the
paying,
registered owner of the site and hosting container, your hosting
provider
will likely reset the password, once identity verified (the "master"
account in cPanel can reset passwords)

- which access to the server do you have? Is this only to the TYPO3
backend?
Do you have FTP or SSH access by any chance? If latter, you can download
all files and transfer them to a new server (but you also need the
database
of course).

- if you have TYPO3 backend access only, is this an "admin" account?
If so, there are extensions, which you can install and which let you
upload/download files. Upload: write your own script, that creates the
backup for you... download: download the files and/or backup.

However, as Marc pointed out, it looks like a very, very, very old
version
of TYPO3 CMS. It is outdated and not supported for more than 10 (?)
years!

If you are happy with TYPO3, you should look at one of the new(er)
versions!
They are amazing :-)

Anyway, I highly recommend to consider rebuilding the site (maybe even
with
the existing visual appearance if you like it) in an up-to-date version
of TYPO3. For several reasons:

1) the underlying TYPO3 version is way too old to update easily
2) the TYPO3 version currently used is insecure
3) the TYPO3 version currently used reached its end-of-live and is
not supported any more
4) the site has been hacked already (someone has to clean it up)
5) it would be a great opportunity to update the visual appearance at
the
same time, make it nicer, more modern, mobile responsive, attract more
potential clients, etc.

Re security and "how to restore a hacked site", you might be interested
in the official TYPO3 Security Guide:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/SecurityGuide/

If you have any further questions, post to the TYPO3 forum or to this
mailing list :-) I am more than happy to help (also provide you with
details re backing up or moving the site, but personally, I think it's
wasted time).

Cheers
Michael