[TYPO3-UG Australia] Help: A challenge- No Cpanel login to transfer website to new host.

Mid Coast Surf midcoastsurf at kern.com.au
Thu Jan 22 04:40:32 CET 2015

Dear Michael and members,

We have a website  <http://www.midcoastsurf.com.au> www.midcoastsurf.com.au
, which is powered by Typo3.

We recently were informed that our host's older servers were hacked and that
their own website and ours were vulnerable.

As a consequence we were informed that our site will be shut down at the end
of this month without any recompense or support, and that we would have to
buy a new Woodpress website from them.

I know that Typo3 can be hosted on most servers.

We are not in the position presently to buy a new site.

I contacted another Web host who requested the Cpanel login to transfer our
site.

However it turns out that the present host's IT manager  abruptly left
taking the passwords with him to China from what the present host has told
us.

We requested that they supply the data sql.cz files and the backup website
files to the new host. The data files were incomplete but useful. The
website files were from a very old, out of date version of our website.

The new potential host has been very helpful but is unable to access the
present website files without the Cpanel login.

My question is if there is any way I can facilitate access to the present
site files through CMS to the new host ?

I am no web developer, but I like Typo3, and have done 70% of this content
management.

Can you help?

Best regards, Richard