[TYPO3-UG Australia] Mobile internet in Melbourne / Australia

Voytek Eymont voytek at sbt.net.au
Mon Aug 3 16:44:49 CEST 2009

<quote who="Bastian Waidelich">
> Hi there,
>

> I'm planning to move to Australia in November.
> Does anybody of you know what's the best deal with mobile internet? Is
> it cheap and fast enough to go with a UMTS flatrate for the mobile phone
> and use it as a modem? Or is there comprehensive WLAN coverage down under?

I think it's probably expensive by Euro standards...
try telstra.com - most expensive, best coverage
or three.com.au, vodafone etc

I guess it depends where you need it

I'm a data miser and buy the entry level 5MB which lets me do all the
emails I need

but the performance is good, I've set up some system with Telstra 3g
routers/USB devices, and, was pleasantly surprised when updating windoze
at the performance.

if I had a need, I'd be quite tempted to go with it

--
Voytek