[TYPO3-UG Australia] TYPO3 Oz community portal

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Fri Jun 13 08:45:20 CEST 2008

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) wrote:

> as I already mentioned in the report of the Melbourne meeting, I've
> been thinking about a TYPO3 community portal for Australia. The best
> would certainly be if Matt Kennewell was willing to contribute
> typo3.org.au and typo3.com.au for these.

Hi guys,
I had some time yesterday evening and started a TYPO3 site (currently on
my test server). It uses a simplified version of the layout and design
from TYPO3.org to have such a "corporate identity". If we should use
this site, we have to ensure that the TYPO3 Association agree to using
the styles (see example below).

In my opinion we should keep the portal as simple as possible, seriously
(to address commercial target groups, too) and keep always in mind, that
the aim is to promote TYPO3 in Oz.

Bernie already mentioned, that the original typo3.com and typo3.org do a
great job and he is right: we should avoid to duplicate content and
information from them.

I try to collect our ideas and suggestions for the community portal.
Fell free to update the following list:

   - explain the strengths of TYPO3 in general
   - advantages in using TYPO3 focused on Australian companies
   - links to different projects (as examples)
   - case studies (e.g. PDF files to download)
   - events (e.g. usergroup meetings, presentations, fairs etc.)
   - downloads/links to "community efforts" (HowTos, Extensions etc.)
   - company/person profiles (e.g. who uses TYPO3, how and why)
   - [...]

Ok, if you want to take a look at my suggestion:

   http://typo3ug.schams.net/

Please note: this is just a SUGGESTION. I am not angry if we decide not
to use this. It is simple and shows the same layout as typo3.com. Please
ignore the quality of the header-image (just 10min work :-) and keep in
mind that the pages/links/pagenames etc. are just placeholders.

I would agree to do the maintenance for a community site if my time
allows to do so.

Michael