[TYPO3-UG Australia] local testing server

Cameron @ CT camc at communitytrading.com.au
Tue May 22 13:59:58 CEST 2007

Hi typo3ers,

I'm a bit of a novice to typo3 but have a full site set up by another on my
hosts server. It's currently version 3.8.1.

I am wanting to set up a local testing server on my computer and then
upgrade the hosting server to 4.1.1... having difficulties at the moment....
Need some tips as I've been told not to upload the files directly to my live
site?!

To date I have downloaded and installed typo3winstaller on my computer and
have tried to download my site and transfer files into the 'quickstart'
section of htdocs. I have also downloaded my 37meg database into the config
file.

When I go into the quickstart install tool I can't seem to find a way to
import the database successfully. As for the other files I think ive got
them there but the quickstart standard site is still the same... Nothin to
see of my site??

Any ideas where to go... Or is there a simple way I have not seen.. Or have
I missed some files.. Geez I really don't know at the moment?

Thanks heaps for any help...

cameron