[TYPO3-UG Australia] a little help?

Bernie Pfister bernie at pixelsound.com
Thu Jun 7 05:26:02 CEST 2007

David,

try this:

#########  grab a page record  #########################
temp.newslist = CONTENT
temp.newslist.table = tt_content
temp.newslist.select {
	pidInList = 60
	orderBy = sorting
}

Bernie

David Cake wrote:
> 	I've just got frustrated with what looks to be a really
> simple problem in typo3, only none of the obvious straightforward
> solutions seem to work. I think I'm mssing something that is really
> obvious to an experienced typo3 user, and confusing to an occasional
> dabbler like myself.
> 	I have a template, an html template. I wish to replace the
> contents of a particular part of the main, all contained with a
> single <div>, with the contents of a particular page that has a
> selection of manually selected new articles (and of which are just
> CONTENT objects from a news page). I'm doing it all in draft mode.
> 	I have just been saying
> temp.newslist = CONTENT
> temp.newslist.source {
> 	table = tt_content
> 	pidInList = 12
> }
>
> and then
> subparts.news-wrapper < temp.newslist
> later (which I am satisfied is working fine - it does the correct
> thing if I replace temp.newlist with a plain TEXT object or similar)
> 	Assuming that means all the content objects on the page with
> pid 12 will be inserted. I've tried similar things with RECORDS. But
> I'm getting nothing at all. Suggestions?
> 	Cheers
> 		David

Bernie Pfister
Web Designer

Pixelsound Web Design Perth
ABN 68 773 244 755

Phone   +61 8 9460 4844
Fax     +61 8 9460 4899
Email   bernie at pixelsound.com
Web     www.pixelsound.com

PO Box 1069
West Leederville WA 6901

Office:
Top Floor, 136 Railway Pde,
West Leederville WA 6007

--
Usually I check my emails at 9am, 1pm and 4.30pm.
For urgent matters please call 9460 4844.