[TYPO3-UG Australia] Single sign-on between Mediawiki and Typo3

Lewis Jones lewis.jones at reap.asn.au
Fri Jan 26 07:28:56 CET 2007

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to create a Typo3 site that integrates MediaWiki with a
single sign-on.  The reason is that I want a wiki for which people can
tick the 'watch this page box' and receive notification when something
changes.  That feature is not available in the dr_wiki extension.  It
would also be nice to be able to upload images rather than only link to
them.

Of course, my problem could be solved by hacking a 'watch this page'
check box into the extension, but that, I'm guessing is beyond my
capabilities; although, if someone could outline what needed to be done,
I might have a crack at it.

There is a bit on the web about single sign-ons with packages other than
Typo3, but I am too much of a Typo3/MediaWiki/PHP novice to get from the
general principles to the details of what it would look like for Typo3.

There are, at least, two different philosophies:
1. share the user table from Typo3 with additional fields for MediaWiki
and add an appropriate action to the login form so that your Typo3 login
is applied to MediaWiki as well

2. Share nothing, but have the Typo3 login call a script that creates
users in MediaWiki for first time logins, but also opens a separate
session in MediaWiki at the same time, as above.

The only real discussions I have found are for option 2.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Lewis

Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students
Evangelising the Australian Academy
http://www.reap.asn.au
http://www.afes.org.au
(02) 9697-2397