[TYPO3-UG Australia] typo3 3.8.1 - 4.0 - pages disappeared

Cate Deans Smith cdeans at diess.com.au
Tue May 16 15:35:02 CEST 2006

Hi all

Some of you may remember when I upgraded from 3.6.x to 3.8.1 that my pages
disappeared... as if the templates just weren't being called.

Well, that was due to a glitch with an extension - uninstalled extension,
problem solvered.

Unfortunately, it's happening all again.

I upgraded to 4.0 , as something or other I wanted was needing 4.0 (forget
what now :-) ), and again my pages have disappeared, and Im wondering if its
to do with the symlink changes.

I have checked, and my typo3 template, html template and css are all there,
and coded properly etc. I installed 4.0 according to the instructions, with
one possible difference ... I ftp'ed the new version up from the extracted
.zip file ... and yes, I know, it's a slow way to do it, but beggers can't
be choosers.

I don't have much of an idea about symlink, and don't have shell access the
host either (which I gather I might be needing) so I need to work out what
to do, so that I can tell the tech support of the host exactly what I need -
if anything.

Does someone have an idea, or have some time they can spend with me
Wednesday evening on the phone or msn?

Regards

Cate