[TYPO3-UG Australia] Saying Hi

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sun Mar 5 17:38:44 CET 2006

osCommRes Info wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Good to hear from you. Where are you based? What sort of areas do you
> work in? I could not pick up any details from the mediatech.net domain.

I live in Del Mar, California, USA. I had been working with spa
professionals and tourism a few years back. When I was working for a spa
I handled the reservation requests for spa therapies that resulted from
Internet marketing.

We dealt with a variety of therapies and treatments and outsourced
vacation requests to independent mobile spa therapists (massage
therapists, estheticians, hair stylists, manicurists, pedicurists, yoga
trainers, etc.).

The spa closed in 2002 so I figured I'd try the same thing using a
different business model that was commissioned based. One that did not
require a central location (spa) but could use many locations for spa
services like bed and breakfasts, other day spas, etc.

http://www.spacater.com/beta/

Long story short I did not have enough time to network and train the
required human resources and pull off the business plan and model so I
stuck to general TYPO3 development as a hobby. Had we had this
reservation system a year ago things may have been different :)

Greg