[TYPO3-UG Australia] Saying Hi

osCommRes Info info at oscommres.com
Wed Mar 1 12:38:22 CET 2006

Hi all,

Seeing as everyone is saying hi, I thought I ought to as well.

My interest in typo3 started when I needed to create a CMS for my wife's
business. I had more time than brains having taken two years leave
without pay from my job and tried to wrestle with typo3 while at the
same time developing a service business extension for osCommerce. It is
coming up to three years since we started that journey and the works
have developed into a growing company. I could not cope with extending
osCommerce on my own but found Durai Prasanna, who was doing similar
work. We are now joint partners in our services eCommerce business and
it is an Australian/Indian operations. Last October we launched our
first product osCommRes and are radically extending its abilities. Soon
you will be able to provide pretty much any type of service with it. The
intial events based focus will be history in six weeks time.

On the typo3 front we have launched some development extensions, one a
subscription system for online content, a peer ratings system for pretty
much anything another a Turing Number extension.

Tonight we start testing a webservice to allow data to be shared from
osCommRes with a plugin in typo3. The first solution used with this will
be to marry the typo3 online subscriptions with the power of the
osCommRes subscription module. Next week we start testing Tungsten, the
new open source Webservices Management Server. Hopefully it will work to
allow a level of security we need for some truly fancy things.

In about two months from now we are going to launch a developer zone on
the osCommRes site. It will take a lot of work between now and then.

Apart from working a lot, I like to get out into a forest and walk along
day dreaming.

On the non-profit side of the business we are doing a huge job for a
large Community Supported Agriculture group here in Brisbane at cost
with deferred payment.  It is great to work with them, they are smart
and going in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

Bye for now,

Damian