[Typo3-UG Australia] domain records

David Pierson davepier at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 8 04:14:05 CET 2006

Hi again,

Okay I found out about the Domain record feature in typo3, so i see what
you are trying to do.

I guess the difficulty you are seeing is related to the following, taken
from the virtual hosting doco ...

"Absolute URI

"If the URI from the request is an absolute URI, and its hostname and
port match the main server or one of the configured virtual hosts and
match the address and port to which the client sent the request, then
the scheme/hostname/port prefix is stripped off and the remaining
relative URI is served by the corresponding main server or virtual host.
If it does not match, then the URI remains untouched and the request is
taken to be a proxy request."

Specifically, if apache is stripping off the hostname from the URI that
typo3 sees, yes that will be a problem.

I wonder if it is possible to use mod_rewrite here. I haven't played
with multiple sites enough to know what happens if you don't enable
vhost and then send various URIs to the one server. I guess if your
apache ONLY had your two typo3 sites to worry about, it would be a
non-issue, so can we assume you have other non-typo sites on the same
server? Do have full control or is it someone else's server?

Regards
David