[TYPO3-UG Australia] corrupted database with Extension Key:flash_pageheader

Cate Deans Smith cdeans at diess.com.au
Tue Apr 25 13:23:40 CEST 2006

Hi David

>If that doesn't work, it is quite possible that your database is fine,
>and that its a bug in your newly installed extension that's causing the
>blank backend page. I've had this happen to me a fair few times with
>buggy extensions that clash with others.

Quite possibly - although it was buggy back end and front end - I couldn't
see anything.

>Hopefully you haven't done something drastic like starting from scratch
>with a new database yet,

Unfortunately, yes that's exactly what I decided to do - gave up completely.

because it might be as simple as removing the
>flash_pageheader name from the comma separated list:
>  TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] variable in the:
>  localconf.php file.

>then remove the temporary files in the same directory (typo3conf), that
>start with temp_CACHED_* as the localconf.php file is cached there.

>This is a forceful way of removing the extension. At least then you
>should have a working system, and know if it was the flash_pageheader
>extension causing the problem.

>Anyway, this is what I do when a newly installed extensions messes
>everything up.

Thanks, I will keep this on file - maybe next time I can try it instead of
reinstalling...

Cate Deans Smith
diess - Performance through Synergy

cdeans at diess.com.au