[Typo3-UG Australia] Group Activity

Paul Sanderson pauls at iicservices.com
Mon Jun 21 14:09:26 CEST 2004

>Hi all,
>
>I'm back from a couple of days away, and it is great to see things
>happening. The "Fatboys Cafe" meeting will be the first real meeting of
>Oztug - well done.
>
>While there is a little activity going on I suggest we start talking
>about what we all want to get from participating in Oztug. At the moment
>I see we have two choices, either we remain as a very loose group and
>just use it as a means of networking or we form more of an "alliance of
>consultants" and develop a resource base for our mutual benefit.
>
>I favor the latter option however this will require a bit of development
>work by a few keen volunteers.
>
>What I am suggesting is building a typo3 web that demonstrates most of
>what typo has to offer and how it is built - a bit like a website with
>the bonnet up.
>
>Also the site could help develop marketing and other support services
>and it is in this area that projects can be value added, turning $5k
>jobs into $25k ones. For this there needs to be lots of documentation,
>training, market analysis and support services developed.
>
>I am really busy this week but I will set up a dummy site today with an
>ip address, if anyone wants to be an admin or backend user on this site
>please contact me. Also if anyone got ideas about a page structure and
>design please contribute.
>
>as for using typo3 in our domain name such as typo3.com.au - I think the
>following applies:
>
>    * TYPO3 is a trademark owned by Kasper Skårhøj. Using the name for
>      anything else than TYPO3 itself is prohibited.
>    * TYPO3 is copyright material of Kasper Skårhøj. Renaming or
>      rebranding of this material is not permitted and considered unfair
>      use.
>
>however I don't think there would be a problem with typo3 as a subdomain.
>
>Also while I see this resource focusing on typo3 I believe that it could
>also offer support for other software such as oscommerce.
>
>An just as a last thought, does anyone think it would be a good idea to
>organise a video conference?
>
>Roger Bunyan

Hi Roger,

I see the people responding to your ideas and think this could be a very
good opportunity. I'm very happy to contribute what skills I have. I am sure
for anyone involved that the rewards will be many, in terms of sharing
skills, knowledge and the intangibles, like that of being part of a
professional community.

I am new to being a consultant (though I have been one for a few years now)
and do feel that my role is probably in the backend. I do enjoy programming,
and sharing this project with others who may be more talented or differently
skilled will benefit me regardless.

Looking forward to what may be coming,

Paul Sanderson