[TYPO3-translators] Implement voting on pootle to improve translation-progress

Michael Bakonyi kontakt at mb-neuemedien.de
Thu May 16 15:35:08 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

I think it would be a good idea to change the current workflow of the
translation-progress which is –from my understanding until now- the
following:

1. "Editors" make suggestions for translations of extensions
2. "Admins" responsible for single extensions accept translations

As most of the work is done voluntarily the admins often doesn't have
time to have a look at the translations + to accept them. This can
result in finished translations which don't go into live versions of the
core + repos for a long time.

A few a months ago I asked in the pootle-malinglist if there's kind of a
voting-feature available which makes it possible to accept translations
if a certain amount of votings is reached. They said, that there was a
plugin for pootle which can make this possible.

So I'd like to discuss here which are the advantages and disadvantages
of this possiblity.

Honestly I have to say that I'm not familiar with pootle or the
TYPO3-internal technical environment in general so I don't know how much
effort it would be if we would implement this feature. But I think it's
worth to talk about it as from my point of view it would strengthen the
community work. :)

Cheers,
Michael