[TYPO3-translators] Implement voting on pootle to improve translation-progress

Dwayne Bailey dwayne at translate.org.za
Wed Jun 26 17:06:53 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone,

Just been reading through this thread about implementing voting.

Michael raised this issue on the Pootle list.  We've had some discussion
and I think I've raised my concerns and we thought of some ways to work
around the classic problem of votes!=quality, won't eliminate it but at
least could results in locked translations being unlocked.  There are some
discussions to move Pootle to be more social and this would fit within that
mandate.

I prepared a specification just around what we'd need to do to take the
current voting into the whole of the app.  Mostly this was to try to clear
my mind and so that there would be something clearer to present.

When talking about budgets I think my choice of words might have confused
everyone.  I wrote the spec without spending any time of a budget or
costing section. So when I said there was no budget I meant it wasn't
written not that it could be implemented without any budget :(

The options for us are paid work, contributions or getting it aligned with
our primary roadmap.  Those are in order of most likely to succeed.  This
is maybe a discussion for another thread or for your governing body.

What needs doing on Pootle
Quick list:
1) Extending voting to all projects not just terminology
2) Add it to the current translation
3) Allow it to be enabled or disabled for the site
4) Add logic to autoadvance units

--
Dwayne

*Translate*