[TYPO3-translators] Danish translations: why is noone active?

Anders Gissel anders at wildside.dk
Thu Jan 10 11:28:11 CET 2013

Hello there,

I signed up for this mailing list to find out why noone seems to be
active on the Danish translation community? The Danish market might not
be as big as the German one, but we still need those localizations! ;-)

Many months ago I submitted several hundred suggestions for two major
extensions that sorely lacked it, namely Powermail and YAG, which our
customers use quite a bit. However, when I log onto the translation
server today, my suggestions are still just that: suggestions, and
nothing has changed since. This is getting on my nerves, and while
technically I /could/ hack together a temporary, local translation-file
for the extensions in question, it doesn't solve the underlying problem:
that no suggestions are acted upon after several months (I believe I
made the first suggestions back in August or September, which makes it
close to half a year now), and that the translation service in the
Extension Manager gets no results. Which is ever so slightly frustating,
especially for our customers, who may not be as proficient in English as
tech heads are.

So, what should I do here? Do I submit myself (my username is
"wsanders") for translation duties, so I at least can get my suggestions
included until something better comes along? Do I jab a red-hot poker at
the private parts of whomever is handling the Danish translations? Or do
I just sit back down and wait in apathy until something miraculously
changes?

--

Best regards,
Anders Gissel