[TYPO3-translators] Removing labels allowed?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 12 09:41:55 CET 2011

Hi,

we have the rule that we cannot change existing labels for the well
known reasons. But I have been seeing many labels being *removed* from
current trunk because they are no longer needed in core's code.

If I follow the logic, this should also not be allowed, because the
translation server won't have those labels translateable anymore (for
lower TYPO3 versions). Is that correct?

If yes, this has to be communicated to the core team so that it doesn't
happen anymore and we need to revert some removals before the 4.5 release.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ernesto