[TYPO3-translators] Translation of dr_blob 2.3.2

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 14 09:05:33 CEST 2010

Hi!

Daniel Regelein wrote:
> I am the author of the dr_blob-extension. In the new version (which will
> be 2.4.0) I had to move the locallang*.xml-files in order to be
> compatible with extbase. To prepare that I duplicated all
> locallang-files in the current version (2.3.2) which is available in TER
> since a few weeks.
>
> Is there a migration path for the translations when the original files
> were renamed or moved?

You may not move files because this will totally break translations for
earlier versions of the extension. Also you cannot remove any existing
labels if they are used in older versions because that would break older
versions too.

It is best that you add new files, not move any existing files. Yet another
option is to make a new extension (dr_blob_extbase, for example).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member