[TYPO3-translators] wec_staff_directory translation

Roel Neumann neumann at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 18 12:54:29 CET 2010

Hi,

I want to translate the wec_staff_directory extension in Dutch.
The manual says to do that in "the typo3conf/ext/wecstaffdirectory/
folder under pi1/locallang.xml file (for what you see
on-screen/front-end) and locallang_db.xml file (to change the backend
labels). You can extend to support different languages by adding
translations to this file".

I tried that by editing these files directly through ftp, which failed.
After I saved the files the backend translation showed the translated
text, but in the Front End I got a message stating that the
locallang.xml was not a Typo3 file!

Then I found Kaspar's extension locallang-XML translation tool
(llxmltranslate). Is that a better way to translate extensions?

I suppose that also with this extension only the local locallang.xml and
locallang_db.xml files are translated.

How can I contribute to the community and make sure that the translation
gets in the TER?

Greetings,
Roel Neumann