[TYPO3-translators] Georgian translation

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:51:11 CET 2010

Hi!

On 05/01/2010 15:20, Marko Lorentz wrote:
> ISO 639-1 defines language codes, not encodings. The language code for
> Georgian is "ka". Gia filled the php-scripts with "ge" instead. Even
> though the 'static_languages' table in DB said "KA".

This is different issue. TYPO3 language codes do not always follow ISO language codes. This is due to historical reasons. I think the tradition is to use country code in such case. But even that is mixed up because some languages use codes that are the same as codes of unrelated countries.

Old code, lots of mess, you know :)  Just accept it as given :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.