[TYPO3-translators] Is the translation replication broken ?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Aug 9 13:37:31 CEST 2010

Hi Ingmar!

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> I think a test script would be a good idea, but I find it a bit strange
> that you mention it as "the simplest thing admins can do", as if every
> admin would set up a test script for everything that he just fixed.

The issue appeared more than once, so if I were admin, I would set up a
simple script that fetches some information about translated files. If a
file on a mirror does not match to TER's copy, I would send an e–mail to
myself. This way I will immediately know if language files are not copied
correctly. That's the idea. But it needs knowledge of where and how files
are stored.

> Anyway, sure it's a good idea. But a test script actually doesn't even
> require access to the typo3.org server or the mirrors, as it would only
> be a reliable test script, if it acts just like the Extension Manager
> would act when downloading the translations from TER.

Exactly.

> Actually, would you like to work on such a test script? I think it could
> be really valuable, and I think we might even be able to fund it from
> the server team budget.

I'll try to find time in my schedule. My employer gives me time to work on
core, I will make that as a part of core work.

> No, really, I understand your feelings about this, but I also wanted to
> write my reasons down. I hope you don't feel offended by anything I wrote.

Everything is fine, no problem at all. The main thing is that we get things
moving :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member