[TYPO3-translators] Language translation

Manuel Rego Casasnovas mrego at igalia.com
Fri Apr 3 09:26:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 22:00:32 +0200
Gonçal Carrero Puig <gcarrero at zinktag.com> wrote:
> We are interested in translate the catalan language for typo3, we
> have been searching for information and we have seen there is a
> catalan language package the translation is at 0%.

If you have seen this information at:
http://translation.typo3.org/typo3conf/l10n/status.html

I should tell you that this webpage is not working right (Spanish is
more than 2% translated).

Anyway, I've tried to download the Catalan translation from "Extension
administrator->Translation handling" and nothing was downloaded.

> We want to know where we have to address, and what are the steps to
> begin with the translation, we don't know also if this is the
> correct list to ask this questions.

First you should talk with the chief translator of Catalan language,
that should be noted down at TYPO3 wiki [1], however the Catalan page
doesn't exists.

So the common way is asking in this list, and if nobody answers from
the Catalan translation team in 2 weeks then Dmitry Dulepov resets the
password for this language at translation server [2] and sends you the
new password.

Taking into account the current status of the Catalan translation and
that there isn't the proper page at TYPO3 wiki, maybe the problem is
that nobody starts with this translation, then the waiting process for
the password would be slower.

I hope this helps ;-)

Best regards,
   Rego