[TYPO3-translators] translations of the com (and org) site

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Fri Oct 24 11:44:47 CEST 2008

Hello translation team,

I'm not sure if this is at all the right place, and if not, sorry, maybe
you could inform me where to post this, thank you.

TYPO3 lacks local sites and this is a major drawback while promoting
TYPO3 (at least in Finland). There is the german site typo3.de ->
http://typo3.com/index.php?id=1221&L=2

This raises the obvious question: could there be other localized
TYPO3.lang sites also?

Like TYPO3.fi -> which would lead to for example
http://typo3.com/index.php?id=1221&L=3

(well, with Finnish more likely L=99 ;)

This would be a great way to make TYPO3 known in non-english-speaking
countries. This would also give more reliable and established "feeling"
of TYPO3 and its suitability for big projects.

(The next step would be to translate/localize org, but that's another
story.)

So, this would need lots of translating, but I'm sure we have what it
takes. What and how should I proceed with this, who should I contact?

Thank you and regards,
Katja