[TYPO3-translators] Only Show non-translated files?

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Fri Apr 4 12:29:27 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

>> Just an idea, but im affaid i cannot tell how to implement it :)
>
> This will require looking to all files before they are displayed. This
> will be very slow...

yes - but now it is hard for translators to find what need to be
translated.

My way for now is:

1) select extension
2) make "Regenerate cached-information" so it shows how much labels in
each file is not translated
3) look if any labels is missing and translate it

and repeat step 1,2,3 for every ext in the list (an horror ;). That's
why I never go through all list :)

It does not encourage to translate because more and more extensions go
at translation server - and the way it is now it is hard to follow new
labels.

I see that parsing every xml file for every language and every extension
can be overkill for server.
Maybe it can be done other way. What about special table in database
with statistics on each lang/ext/file_to_translate?
Record in this table can be updated on each change in specific language
file, so it will not be a hard task for server.

This way we could have detailed information about what need to be
translated.

--
grtz
Krystian