[TYPO3-translators] ext translation system

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Wed May 16 20:16:59 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
>> I really miss a good extension transaltion system as it was in TER
>> 1.0.  I think most of you either.
>
> Well, I think it is not bad now. What it needs is better handling for
> users.

Right now we have only good translation server for core :) but not for
the extensions.

If the translation server in its current state has to be used as
translation system for extensions there will be need for llxml
modification (consider extremly huge dropdown list of language files for
2000+ extensions).

Besides I think that translators of the core should be rather a group of
trusted people - you may call them "core translators". Translators of
extensions could be done be everyone - there should be no real problem
to get password for extension translation.

So it would be resonable to have 2 different translation servers. One
for core files and almost core extensions (tv,dam, etc) and the second
for extension translation (with modified version of llxml). And of
course different users/translators/passwords for each server. Or better
to have the translation servers login integrated with typo3.org login.

Then it all has to be integrated with "Translation handling" in
Extension Manager.

So I think there is more work than just one day :)

BTW. Your suggestion to create list of translators is great. Right now
people have to post here to offer their help. Their question should be
emailed directly to "core translators".

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz