[TYPO3-translators] language charset change

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jun 25 14:04:09 CEST 2007

Hi!

fazla wrote:
> hi, I am a translator for Bosnian language and I want to
> change charset for Bosnian language(bs) from 'east_european'(iso-8859-2)
> to unicode(utf-8).
>
> I don't have that option on a translation server.

And it should not be there. When you are logged in to translation
server, it applies your language settings to BE. These settings comes
from the "official" encoding for your language.

But when you save your translations, they are saved to UTF-8.

> As I can see this mapping is defined in t3lib/class.t3lib_cs.php file,
> and on typo3 svn server this file is maintained by "typo3" and "masi"
> svn users.
>
> How can I submit this change?

No way because this is not how typo3 works with translations and
charsets. Leave it as is until you understand the logic behind it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/