[TYPO3-translators] New language "Galician"

Xavier Castaño García xcastanho at igalia.com
Fri Jan 19 12:29:21 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'am Xavier Castaño and I working for Igalia, a company from Spain
(exactly from Galicia, Spain) which now is using Typo3 for web
development. Galicia is a region from Spain
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_%28Spain%29). "Galician" is one of
the two co-official languages from our region.

A few time ago I've sent a mail to Kasper in order to create a new
language with that information:

Charset: ISO-8859-15
Language: ga

But, I've seen that Galician language is used in other projects with
key "gl" (for example, openoffice).

Moreover, I've detected that Typo3 has the language named "Greenlandic"
using "gl" key, which is "kl" on language codes ISO.

I'd like to ask for the correct key for that new language, because I
don't know if could have more implications.

By now, as we have started to translate, we are working with code "ga"
but we have set "gl_ES" as lg_collate_locale (which we think is the
correct locale value).

What do you think we should do?

Br,
--