[TYPO3-translators] Cannot save translation

Christian Hennecke hennecke at pointblank-edv.de
Wed Dec 5 00:05:35 CET 2007

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 23:03:54 +0200, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

Hi!

>Christian Hennecke wrote:
>> And exactly how can I do that? I thought checking both "Update all
>> values" and "No thanks, move to external file" should do the trick, but
>> it didn't for this specific file.
>
>Second option does the trick. It will save local file but will not modify file in core. It tries to write hash values there but will not succeed. You can ignore this. Main thing is that you get separate file in the language pack.

Then I don't understand why this doesn't work. If I select "No thanks,
move to external file" and save it, the status report says everything's
fine, but below I get the almost empty form and the option to move to
an external file is also there again. So either the external file is
not created in spite of the information, or for some reason ll-XML does
not read the external file. Maybe the original file is defective and
this results in an error in the detection process?

Christian