[TYPO3-translators] Information: how translations are handled in typo3

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Wed Aug 8 20:06:58 CEST 2007

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> This is FYI.
>>
>> Firsts, our translation job (I am also a translator!) is not lost.
>> Every night it is packed and uploaded to TER automatically. To use new
>> translations users just have to go to EM and update language packs.
>> All pretty simple and automatic. This good.
>
> And this is really great news! Thanks for making that usable.
>
> But - there is a little problem. Only part of translated files are
> fetched. (Tested on DAM)
>
> If I check in typo3temp/dam-l10n-pl.zip
> and in typo3conf/l10n/pl/dam/ there is no all translated files.
>
> For example at translation server there is:
> typo3conf/l10n/pl/dam/mod_file/pl.locallang_mod.xml
>
> but the file does not exist after I fetch the translation for DAM.
> There is no "mod_file" folder at all.
>
> Can someone confirm that? (DAM 1.0.11 from TER)

Maybe I found the reason but to be sure the files must be "packed and
uploaded to TER at midnight". So tomorrow I will be sure.

It seems like if there is RED statement:
--------
Translations will be local in main file (3 already)! [No thanks, move to
external file!]
--------
then this file will not be packed and fetched.

To make it move to external file:
1. make ON checkbox: "Update all values (even if not changed):"
2. make ON checkbox: "[No thanks, move to external file!]"
3. SAVE

Translation will go to external file and should be fetched after
midnight packing.

Now it's maybe obvious but there was no information that it is needed :)

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz