[TYPO3-translators] New extension static_info_tables_ga for galician language

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Thu Aug 2 21:48:55 CEST 2007

Manuel Rego Casasnovas wrote:

Hi Rego,

>> http://typo3.org/extensions/translators/
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_inside/4.1.0/view/3/8/
>
> I've read these documents.
> And I think that I can use the the code 'ga' because nowadays it isn't
> used in Typo3, but like 'ga' is the ISO code for irish, and 'gl' the ISO
> code for galician is used for greelandic in Typo3, I think that the better
> code for galcian would be 'gz' because my region is called Galicia or
> Galiza.
> If you think that 'gz' would be a good option for the code, I'll make the
> patches and I'll send you.

your arguments sound good to me

> There are 14 language for which Typo3 don't use the ISO code, the array
> t3lib_cs.$isoArray, I think that this is an inherited error.

yes, definitely

> Do you think
> that is going to change this someday?

nope, not before 5.0

> Or change this is very dangerous for
> Typo3.

not actually dangerous but it would cause a lot of work and would
probably break a lot of sites.

> On the other hand, which is the better name for the static_info_tables
> extension in galician: static_info_tables_gz or static_info_tables_gl?
> I think that the correct name is static_info_tables_gl, because the ISO
> code for galician is 'gl'.

I'd suggest to go with gz if you choose that as your language code. This
way it's consistant...

all the best and thanks for contributing to TYPO3!
Ingo