[TYPO3-translators] greek translation

Giannis Economou gecon at di.uoa.gr
Tue Apr 17 23:13:39 CEST 2007

Hello all..

this is to announce our interest in the translation of typo3 to the
Greek Language.

I know that there is already some work done on the Greek Translation. We
are interested in putting resources to this task immediately and produce
results in a timely manner.

We have strong experience in i18n/l10n projects (doing that kind of work
for other OSS projects in the past) and we are into open source software
for years in many ways. As far as typo3 is concerned, our first
experience was around 2002 (built a community based web site for the
University of Athens). Last month we decided to look at the system more
thoroughly and utilize it. Since then we've gained some experience and
our typo3 based web sites is steadily increasing and will expand more.

We've already setup a local installation of typo3 for this job and the
"ll-XML translation" extension to start the work.
I've seen that in the past there were some people doing similar work on
Greek translation and they have also assigned files to some translators.
Is this job completed? Released? I've seen messages from Mr.
Skapetorrahis and Mr. Papadopoulos regarding already completed Greek
files and about the work done so far. We can put resources to proceed
with this work. We can also put resources on the management of the whole
translation process, if this is needed.

Please, I would like any person who is involved in the Greek translation
(and especially anyone who is coordinating the work, if any) to contact
me regarding this task.

Best regards,
Giannis Economou