[TYPO3-translators] EM and translations download

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Mar 23 16:26:55 CET 2006

Hi Kasper,

I just talked with Karsten on the phone and we have created a little concept
which Karsten starts to implement right away. It's a quick solution but
long-term-proof at the same time.

For 4.0:

  - translations of system extensions are done on your server.

  - The files are located in paths similar to
    typo3conf/i18n/de/lowlevel/mod1/locallang.xml
    (Please note that we changed "l10n" to "i18n" everywhere as
    it fits better what the data really is)

  - A script creates the language packs each night. Each package
    is labelled following the pattern "lowelevel-i18n-de.zip".
    It is a zip file containing the file structure of the lllxml
    of the extension (same like you did with the .tgz files)

  - For each extension an index of available language packs must be
    provided. It is called "extensionkey-i18n.xml" and has this
    structure:

    <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
    <languagepack language="de">
       <md5>abcewar029384</md5>
       <lastmodified>12347918</lastmodified>
     </languagepack>
    <languagepack language="dk">
       <md5>abcewar029384</md5>
       <lastmodified>12347918</lastmodified>
    </languagepack>

  - The created language packs must be moved into a directory
    structure following this schema:

    l/
      o/
        lotsoffun-i18n/
          lotsoffun-i18n.xml
          lotsoffun-i18n-it.zip
        lowlevel-i18n/
          lowlevel-i18n.xml
          lowlevel-i18n-de.zip
          lowlevel-i18n-dk.zip
    t/
      e/
        templavoila-i18n/
          templavoila-i18n.xml
          templavoila-i18n-de.zip

  - When the language packs are ready, they are transferred through
    rsync to the central TER server. For templavoila it would look
    like this:

    t/
      e/
        templavoila-0.4.0.t3x
        templavoila-0.4.0.gif
        templavoila-0.6.0.t3x
        templavoila-0.6.0.gif
        templavoila-i18n/
          templavoila-i18n.xml
          templavoila-i18n-de.zip

    The rsync script should be located on the TER server and poll the
    language packs. After synchronization it should delete the
    "extension.xml.md5" file in fileadmin/ter/ in order to trigger
    synchronization of the mirrors.

  - The Extension Manager downloads the language pack index
    (templavoila-i18n.xml) to check which packages are available
    and then downloads the .zip files when neccessary.

Open Tasks:

  Kasper:

  - Create or modify your existing script so the language packs (.zip
    files) and the index for each extension is generated and moved into
    the TER-like file structure

  - Make it possible for the TER server to run rsycn

  Robert or Wolfgang:

  - Create the cron job at the TER server which runs the rsync

  Karsten

  - Implement the features into the EM

Final questions:

Kasper, is that concept okay for you? Any questions?
It would help me a lot if the whole thing could be done without me, ie. with
the help of Wolfgang Zenker and Kasper writing the script for his server.
If that's not possible, I'll jump in of course.

That's it for now ...

robert

robert lemke medienprojekte
Boxhagener Straße 61
D-10245 Berlin
Tel/Fax: +49 700 250 25 250
Web: http://robertlemke.de

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development