[TYPO3-translators] EM and translations download

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Mar 23 13:51:16 CET 2006

Update:

I discussed with Robert for a long time yesterday about this. I would
like you to agree with Robert what approach you will take for this
short term implementation. I'm fine with anything as long as it
doesn't delay 4.0. My script could be the way to go shortterm (for
4.0) while a TER oriented approach (with sharing facilities) is maybe
long term.

One thing I convinced Robert about is that we will work on having
"universal translations" meaning that the translations of
locallang.xml files for extensions _does not_ depend on their version
numbers. There is _one_ translation which of course is optimized for
the most recent version but will also work if not fully then partly
for prior versions.

- kasper

On Mar 23, 2006, at 11:57 , Karsten Dambekalns wrote:

> Hej Kasper.
>
> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 23:32, Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>> My Suggestion:
>> be updated I have just made a nice server script for you:
>
> Nice, indeed.
>
>> This is how simple it can be done. An improvement to my script to be
>
> Well, the plan was to make it similarly simple.
>
>> that you can also send a list of files to have served as base64
>> encoded content inside the XML - to save multiple requests for files
>> of course.
>
> That would be good, one of the reasons for targetting zip or tgz
> until now.
> I'll start by doing it the one-by-one way and then we can add that
> later
> (before or after 4.0.0 depending on how far we get with all this).
>
>> Also, one could imagine that the EM know of multiple translation
>> servers and could fetch the list from each one and just get the
>
> Yes, the same is true for multiple repositories (so one could have an
> *additional* private repository. This is something I see for 4.x,
> though.
>
>> You can get my script if you like,
>
> Yes, please.
>
> Karsten
> --
> Karsten Dambekalns
> TYPO3 Association - Active Member
> http://association.typo3.org/

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"