[TYPO3-translators] EM and translations download

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Mar 21 23:32:11 CET 2006

My Suggestion:

for (all extensions) {
   for (all locallang*.xml files in extension as $relative_path) {
      $filecontent = t3lib_div:getUrl("http://ter.typo3.org/l10n/".
$lang.$relative_path);
      if ($filecontent)	{
	t3lib_div::writeFile(PATH_site."typo3conf/l10n/".$lang.
$relative_path, $filecontent);
      }
   }
}

As you can see I suggest to serve the files completely static from a
repository with the exact same structure of the target machine. This
could in fact just be the current localization server!

In order to know which files there are to request and if they should
be updated I have just made a nice server script for you:

Try this URL and follow the instructions in the "<tip>" tag:

http://194.117.233.66/typo3/t3l10n/typo3conf/l10n/

Example:
http://194.117.233.66/typo3/t3l10n/typo3conf/l10n/?
langKey=dk&extList=install,lowlevel

Delivers information about danish (dk) files for two extensions,
"install" and "lowlevel".

The files are given relative to the request url, http://
194.117.233.66/typo3/t3l10n/typo3conf/l10n/

This is how simple it can be done. An improvement to my script to be
that you can also send a list of files to have served as base64
encoded content inside the XML - to save multiple requests for files
of course.

Also, one could imagine that the EM know of multiple translation
servers and could fetch the list from each one and just get the
translation from the last one fetched. Thus there could be
alternative servers with translations of sets of extensions (say
"WEC" extensions or "ETC" extensions).

You can get my script if you like,

- kasper

On Mar 21, 2006, at 19:24 , Karsten Dambekalns wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am now at this, so...
>
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 14:52, Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> But we need either all system extensions in TER, or we need a
>> special place
>> to put "core" translations. Ideas?
>
> Any suggestions here? I'd favour the "everything in TER" way, but
> for this we
> need to sync the sysexts with TER. How is the status on this? If we
> go for a
> special core l10n file, where will it be, what will it's name be?
>
>>> What I don't like about it: We have too many small files.
>>> Karsten, do you
>>> see a chance to unpack .zip files in the EM without depending on the
>>> "unzip" binary? Then we could have:
>
> Kasper now generates tgz files. I can unpack both, so basically I
> don't care.
> But what will it be in the end, what should I aim to fetch from the
> rep?
>
> Karsten
> --
> Karsten Dambekalns
> TYPO3 Association - Active Member
> http://association.typo3.org/

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"