[TYPO3-translators] EM and translations download

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Mar 5 14:52:09 CET 2006

Hi.

On Friday 03 March 2006 10:58, Robert Lemke wrote:
> Okay. Then we add a l10n subdirectory for each version:

Fine.

But we need either all system extensions in TER, or we need a special place to
put "core" translations. Ideas?

> What I don't like about it: We have too many small files. Karsten, do you
> see a chance to unpack .zip files in the EM without depending on the
> "unzip" binary? Then we could have:
>
>   ter/
>      t/
>        e/
>          templavoila-0.6.0.t3x
>          templavoila-0.6.0.gif
>          templavoila-0.6.0-l10/
>            templavoila-0.6.0-l10n-de.zip
>            templavoila-0.6.0-l10n-dk.zip

Yes, this is possible and the only feasible way, IMHO.

> functions. I mean, when do we really, really have a feature freeze for 4.0?
> At some point we have to stop introducing new features, because one thing
> is clear: a major release like 4.0 is ideal for *any* new great feature.

We'll have, this is the only exception, because it avoids a solution that is
worse (to the users) than before.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns