[TYPO3-translators] Glossary indexing ?

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Feb 24 12:37:24 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm missing glossary indexing.

Explanation:
When translating different terms You can use different
translations or synonyms for one term. For experienced user
that is not a problem as you know what it means. But in
CSH, which is mainly used for newbees or non-experienced
users, it might be quite confusing.
Unfortunately a  lot of translations have already be done,
also before the existence of glossary, so these is a lot of
not-so-well-useful of terms among the translations.
In some languages the translation is at the moment almost
done or it's mainly minor pathing the few missing labels or texts, it
would be important quality control.
The indexing should be done of course using default language.

Unfortunately I don't have time and resources to do this
extension but I can give my ideas if somebody is interested
to do this (I see this as a whole community business as it
benefits the total quality). So please don't hesitate to contact
me if any questions of this idea.

Best regards,
Kari

--