[TYPO3-typo3org] Request for TER removal

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jul 22 10:10:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I thought about that too and we already have marked some of our
> extensions as obsolete. The problem is that people don't see it or don't
> care about it and still want support for these extensions.

Yes, I know. I never really checked precisely, but I'm pretty sure the
download count of my obsolete extensions is still increasing ;-)

> So, since the possibilities of the TER are limited, I thought the best
> way to handle this would be to just get rid of some extensions.

That would prevent new downloads. OTOH for installed instances I think
it's better to see that the extension has become obsolete. If it's
removed from TER altogether, then you'll just think that there's no update.

> But if this is not easily possible, I will set all of our unsupported
> extensions to obsolete and continue remembering people to look at the
> state, upload comments and the date of the last release.

It's not hard to do. It's a few clicks for a TER admin (well, a lot of
clicks for th_mailformplus, one per released version ;-) ). I just
wonder if it's the best way to do this. Maybe someone else has another
proposal.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter