[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jhh at digitaldistrict.de
Sat Oct 21 12:37:43 CEST 2006

> Would it take volunteers? Well, you can't count on that because

Yes.

> volunteers' time and energy can be unpredictable (which is fine in some
> cases, but not when you have a target you absolutely *must* meet). So that
> would mean paying programmers. Does that mean outsourcing?

Possibly.

> Possibly, if people within the community can't be "hired". So then, how
> much will each item cost? Will it cost as much as purchasing another

That's a good question, I thought about that already and had discussions
with a few people about that. It seems that a workshop related to find out
about those architecture problems, discuss possible solutions would be the
first step to actually know about it. If you want a serious, bussines
like-calculation it would work like that:
3 Days * 10 hours * 6 people * 80? = 14400? (not including baverages and
travel cost)
To get back to your first question, as I do not seriously see anyone
sponsoring that event, it ends up again on volunteers...

BTW: With that amount of money, the change in TYPO3 has not been started,
but a concept would be available ;)

JH