[TYPO3-typo3org] TYPO3.org upgrade / TER2 / new design

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 24 12:57:16 CET 2006

Hi folks,

here is a minimalistic status report for the TYPO3.org activities. Currently
we have the launch of many new features on our todo and so Wolfgang and I
decided to launch them all at the same time (as far as that is possible).
That includes:

  - Upgrade to TYPO3 4.0
  - Converting to TemplaVoilà
  - Upgrade to PHP 5
  - Deployment of a plugin for security reviews
  - Deployment of the TER2
  - Launch of the new design

For those who own a BE account at TYPO3.org that means: Don't add or modify
any content from now on (at least not without asking me before). I'm
creating a copy of the live server right now and will only sync a few
tables before the launch of the new installation. The final launch will be
announced of course and we'll be offline for a few hours I guess.

Well, sorry for the few details, but I have to get to work again ... ;-)

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development