[Typo3-typo3org] TER 2.0 - updated concept!

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Mon Apr 25 22:39:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

>>As I wrote you a few days ago, we (n at work www.work.de) will sponsor the
>>TER with hardware and bandwidth. :)
>

> That's good to know, we'll need some reliable mirrors.
You can count on us! :)

> We can implement such a feature into the EM, the concept already defines the
> requirements. The problem only is that extensions must support such an
> automatic upgrade because you usually have to define some action for upgrades
> and in many cases upgrades can't be done automatically.
Why the extensions have to support this? OK, for make it completly
automatic, the have to but I think a simple notification for which of my
installed extension are updates available would be a big advantage. Like
it is now for single extensions.

For example. If I have the tt_news installed and I search for news in
the Online Repository, I got a this little green circle arrows that show
that there are updates available.

As fallback it would be nice that I have a button that checks the
Repository for all my installed extensions. The automatic installation
would be the next "enhancend" step... :)

I think this could be implemented on client side, but I'm sure the
performanvce would be much better if this is implemented on server side,
and if the client only send the istalled extension keys and receives a
list with the extension keys for which updates available.

This is only quick and dirty "concept" that whirs trough my head... ;)

Greets,
Thomas

--
T h o m a s  H e m p e l  | n at work Internet Informationssysteme
EMail: hempel at work.de     | Spaldingstr. 160d  -  20097 Hamburg