[Typo3-typo3org] Hosting the TYPO3 sites

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Apr 12 14:39:00 CEST 2005

Hi.

Michael Stucki wrote:
>>> [PostgreSQL]
>>>
>> Well, whatever is done, I think upgrading to 3.8.0 and enable some proxy
>> is faster and thus more efficient right now.
>
> There's also a totally other problem: Just imagine what a visitor will
> think of that if their own project page even didn't use MySQL - why do
> they recommend it and why is it the only database which can be used on a
> default installation?

Hm, I am not sure I understand fully what you mean, but anyway. MySQL does
the job, it does it good and fast. If you need/want more, then you probably
have enough reasons to go into the little trouble involved to make it run.

I did a test install on Firebird recently, that took me about 15 minutes
including reading up on Firebird.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns