[TYPO3-team-templavoila] (no subject)

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Oct 6 10:11:23 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 6-10-2012 9:31, Harish A wrote:
>     - include one FCE inside another FCE directly when we map FCE to html
>     template?
>     - include plugin inside FCE directly when we map FCE to html template?

FCEs, plugins, images, text elements, etcetera are all content elements
which can be placed by editors in fields of type "container for content
elements". These are not stored inside a mapping or template, but stored
as content elements in a page.

When you make an FCE you only define fields (which can contain text, an
image, a link, a section, content elements, TypoScript objects, etc.)
and map them to tags in the HTML. During the rendering of the page these
tags are replaced by the contents of the fields.

The only types of content which you can define during mapping are the
TypoScript objectpath and TypoScript only. This way you could write
piece of TypoScript which loads a plugin (or image, text, menu, ...) and
configure that in that piece of TypoScript.

The only way to place an FCE during mapping as far as I know would be to
use the TypoScript CONTENT or RECORDS object to retrieve a content
element which already exists on a page (or a folder). The disadvantage
is that an editor with enough rights can edit or remove that content
element. You could of course set that folder to Admin only or limit
editing to only admins to prevent that.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team member