[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC #14162: Feature(tte): Make current field's name available as register

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 20 15:52:53 CEST 2010

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: New (small) feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14162

Branches:
1.4 and trunk

Problem:
It would be very convenient if the name of the DS field being rendered
were available in the global register.

Solution:
Add the register

Notes:
1) This would make it possible to use "if" functions in TypoScript, for
example, to vary rendering depending on the area (see example in bug
report). Of course, it is already possible to do such fine tuning by
modifying the TS in the <TypoScript> of the DS for each field, but I
find that quite a lot of overhead and unconvenient.
2) As it's a really small feature, I hope it's ok to have it in the 1.4
branch too. Thanks.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter