[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC #8353 - Bugfix - Element is referenced instead of moved

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Tue Oct 27 21:55:43 CET 2009

Hi,
I guess we need a new review-round for this one ....

I just rechecked the entire patch and found that using the move-feature
within the page-module isn't working properly whenever nested content is
involved.

Initially the bug-description only contained the situation where a
certain record (which is nested within an container-element) was moved
to another page. This is more-or-less resolved by the old patch.

But whenever a container itself is moved to another page the nested
elements still show issues. In such a case they're not moved and
therefore they turn into references on the destination page.

So I've created a new patch which resolves all these situations:

1) Moving is always performed recursively.
1.1) Any record which has the same pid as the parent record is moved to
the new location.
1.2) Thus moving a container which contains references keeps the
reference and doesn't touch the referenced record anyhow.

2) Moving references (directly) doesn't move the actual record, it just
creates a reference at the new location.

Imho the attached patch changes the behavior of the move-action to a
predictable, reasonable and intuitive action. I'd prefer to fix all
together within this single issue but we could of course split it into
two issues...

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--